February 18, 2007

Baby Shower

So, way back on February 8th we had a baby shower. The time has past by so quickly since the last entry. I had mentioned that it was in Las Cruces and hour away. I car pooled with four other ladies. One of them was my friend Nikki(the pregnant one) and one of them was my friend Leanne. It was nice to get to know the other two a bit better as well.

Nikki though, makes me laugh so hard. She gets caught up in the text book way of raising a baby. I wonder what kind of parents Adam and I will be. I feel more relaxed when it comes to all of these questions of the "correct" ways. Just thinking about all of the stressing out parents around me do stresses me out. Maybe it changes when you have your own child. Let the worrying begin then. Adam gets annoyed at all of the controversy, if you will. I often don't like to bring the topics up to him. I think much of the parenting comes from instinct and some gathered from reading material and past experiences of friends and family. We will soon see.

With no longer adiau, here are the photos from the shower. The ladies were very generous and had some really neat homemade gifts. Their skills and talents shined brightly. One was an embroidered bib and burp cloth with our babies' names on them. Another was a wooden plaque carved and painted with a guardian angel prayer. Another was sewing fabric onto burp clothes to make them pretty and personalized. One gal put together a creative mixture of a variety of goodies.


This is all three of us Mothers to be in action. Nikki is in the middle and Blair is on the left. This is the first pregnancy for all of us.


This is the majority of everyone that was at the shower. Twenty six or so attended. There are more people in the spouses group, but not all attended.


This is my favorite picture. This is the prime example of how Nikki makes me laugh. We were laughing, because we were rushed to open the gifts. If we took our time and were slower, people would get back home (on a school night) later than the 10:30 or 11:00pm we did. I think I was saying "Hurry Nikki. We're not going fast enough." There's a level of rudeness that one can cross when you don't take the time to appreciate the gift and sincerely thank the giver. It was a sort of chaos.


I think the bags are even cute in this picture.


This is a profile somewhat to show you the belly at 37 weeks. I'm not sitting with the best posture, but it gives you a pretty good picture of the size.


I had include this one. The bunny was so soft I had to put it to the test on Nikki's face. It reminds me of what I would do to Morgan when we were younger. Love ya Morgan. I have to add that she would get so annoyed with me. Gotta love sibling camaraderie.

Something else I thought I'd share is that the appointment last week was good. We met Terry who is the favored mid wife of the bunch. I liked her, but I'd be comfortable with any of them. I mean these women didn't just get to these positions over night. They are all there because of their skills, experience and knowledge. Since we won't know whom will end up delivering Baby Fisher, we might as well get that kind of thought in our minds.

I didn't gain any weight between week 37 and 38, but I gained four the week before that. The total weight gain has been 32lbs. They say between 25-35 is healthy. I actually received a lecture for eating those donuts I talked about making last posting. That's the week I gained four lbs. I was like,"It was only one day." They can be pretty strict mid wives. ;) I was laughing with Adam when we left the hospital that day....."I got in trouble!".

More to come soon~

1 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

Cute pictures! I don't think your ankles look swollen at all, at least it doesn't appear like they are in the picture. Also, I didn't mind having soft stuffed animals rubbed on me, only the super-duper closeness and the following/copying – that was annoying. ;) But I still love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home