February 05, 2007

New Happenings

We've made it past Groundhogs' Day. Morgan, I did think of you when I watched that movie on the 2nd. Anyway, it's February, and guess what the weather is here in Alamogordo. It was 67 F. I went for a walk in shorts and a long sleeve T shirt, and I should have worn a short sleeve one. I know it's bitterly cold in many of the places where you are reading this, but I will be wishing it's as green here in the spring as it is for you. ;) The gal across the street from me and her baby met up with me mid-walk. I walked a total of 3.5 miles with a detour of a bathroom break at the fitness center during it.

This morning the group of Mothers that I meet with weekly came over to our house. We made donuts. It was really fun. We dipped them in powdered sugar, cinnamon and sugar, and a glaze. The glaze was just like you would buy in a store. ;) The dough we used was Pilsbury Grands Original. We rolled them up in balls mostly. One of the gals has a fry daddy. We put veg oil in it. I'll include the glaze recipe in case anyone would like to give this a try. I think it could be an occationally fun weekend treat for families.

1/4 c whole milk
1 t vanilla
2 c powdered sugar

Combine milk and vanilla in medium saucepan and heat over low heat until warm. Add powdered sugar and wisk slowly until combined. Remove glaze from heat and set over a bowl of hot water. Dip donuts and let cool.

It was something new to try. ;)

I'm doing some contract work for Ricca Newmark Design. It's keeping me busy today, tomorrow and Wednesday when Adam is in Washington D.C.. As he left this morning at 3:45am to catch his flight out of El Paso, he kissed me good-bye and said "Don't go into labor while I'm gone". We were laughing. It was fun.

Well, the doctor appointments are pretty routine now. They listen for the heartbeat of the baby, ask if we have any questions, test my urine sample for protein and sugars and say see you next week. Last Saturday though, Adam and I attended a breastfeeding class at the hospital. There were two other men there. One was Adam's co-worker who is from Connecticut also. He gets along with Rob really well. And Nikki, Rob's wife, is a friend of mine. So, we have a good time in all of these classes we are taking together. Anyway, it was nice to see a video and get some reading material about breastfeeding. We also had a tour of the maternity area. They showed us the rooms where delivery takes place and the room with all of the babies/ nursery. It makes us feel at ease and more comfortable about the anticipation.

This coming Wednesday is the start of birthing classes at the hospital. I'm not sure what they will be like, but it will be educating I'm sure. Adam won't be able to make it to the first one, but there will be three each consecutive Wednesday. They're all free too, so that's nice. Hopefully, we can make it to all four before the baby arrives.

Then Thursday we have our next appointment at the hospital. This will be the start of week 37. Ooooo ahhhhh. ;) Later that evening is the baby shower that the spouses are putting on. We are driving an hour or so to get to it, so hopefully Nikki and I don't need the hospital nearby. I'm sure it will all be fine. ;) The hostess that night is making homemade cheesecakes. I hear they are absolutely divine.

That sums up the current happenings.

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

Thanks for the very detailed update! Now this is blogging!!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Anne Steinhausen said...

I think that I finally got the hang of how to leave comments! Nothing gets by me! I do love reading your blog! You're my idol! I'm trying to be as good as you! So far... failing! Morgan, if you read this, let me read your blog! Love you guys!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home