December 14, 2006

First Time Dishes

I've attempted ginger bread cookies for the first time, and I thought I'd share how they turned out....well, you can see but not taste. ;) It took me quite a while to make them actually, but it was fun once the decorating with the icing and sprinkles came along.





Also, we had a lunch party with Adam's squadron. I finally had the tour of the building he is working in. It was nice to see. The lunch was a pot luck with a theme of ethnic dishes world wide. I made a rice dish that I grabbed off of the internet. It was Brazilian rice with onions, beef boulion flavoring with crumbled gorganzola cheese, salt, pepper and a bit of margerine added at the end. It was unique and worth the try....at least I could say people ate it. ;) Leanne Shockley came over to cook her dish this morning too, so we had fun chatting and cooking. It's nice to have a friend like her here in Alamogordo.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

The cookies look good! Way better than my first attempt at something similar. I bet they tasted good too. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home