December 07, 2006

Adam's Results and Baby

Morgan asked for Adam's results from the marathon. I left that part out. Oops!

He finished in 4 hours and 20 minutes. I might be off on the seconds/ minute. He beat Opra Whinfry's time. She didn't run the Philadelphia race. She ran the New York City one at the beginning of November. Adam didn't train as much as he would have liked, but he injured his foot and that limited him in the end. He even had a bit to drink the night before the race, and I was worried that he'd feel like the plague had hit him in the morning. BUT, he ended up beating his previous marathon time by five minutes. Granted, this was at sea level and the previous race was in Fort Collins, Colorado. Never the less, he did have a better time. Maybe it was the support of his parents that pushed him along this time. ;)

The latest baby update is that my waist just below my belly button is 40-1/2" around. During the Thanksgiving week JoAnn would think I was bigger every day. I think she was correct. I'm carrying it low. I thought the "wives tale" for that was that the baby would be predicted a boy. Who knows. I know that everyone just carries differently.

We had our first doctor's appointment with the hospital here in Alamogordo last Friday. It was alright. It is more of a clinical experience rather than a carrying one we had in Denver, but all that matters is that the baby and I come out of this healthy and safe. We have the option of one of four different nurse mid-wives delivering us. We met with one last week, and we are going to eventually get aquainted with all four by the labor hopefully. There are two doctors that are on staff. We were told that the only reason we would ever meet them would be if there is a complication with the labor or we need to have a C-section. Oh, and the mid-wife had to do another pap smear, because she didn't see the results of two tests the first time I had one back in Denver. That wasn't the most fun experience I've had, but I know I should get use to being uncomfortable. We have the next appointment on Dec 15th. It might be every two weeks now.

I took the glucose test last Monday. They have you drink a sugary orange soda kind of drink and wait for an hour. Then, they draw your blood to check your insulin levels to check if you have diabetes. Once again this blood drawing technician was excellant. She was talking to me as she did it, so I wasn't thinking about what was going on. ;)

Well, the baby should be about 14" long head to toe and weigh about 3lbs. That's exciting. She's been moving around A TON. I haven't been sleeping very well the last couple of nights, but it's not too bad. If that's the worst thing I have to say, I am thankful. I want to add that my cousin Jami had a beautiful baby girl Nov. 29th. They are both healthy and well. I am so incredibly happy for them!

Since we've been back from Connecticut, I have job searched. My resume is out at numerous places around town and on the base, so I'm waiting to hear from possible employers. I have heard from Ricca Newmark Design which was my place of employment in Denver. They have a lot of work for me that I can hopefully get started on today. Boy oh boy, it is hard for me to sit around the house day after day. Frankly, it drives me crazy. ;) I am praying that something comes up.

Yesterday, Leanne called though and we hung out at her house a bit, picked her daughter up from school, and went shopping for some Christmas gifts and things to wear to the Air Force Christmas party tomorrow. It was fun, and it made me excited to have a little girl. Her daughter, Liberty, was debating which earings look best and helping her Mom when she was looking at clothes to buy. I noticed their bond and love, and it just made me excited. It was also fun to scope out the school parking and picking up of kids. There's this whole strategy Leanne has involving where you park, who is parked in the way so no one can get by, what time some parents show up (1/2 an hour before they even let the kids out), the cross walks kids get around on. It's this whole strategy,as I was saying, that I've never thought about.

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

I'm glad Adam bested his time, that's always a good goal to have made.

I understand the boredom thing. Even with having a 10 month old, keeping house, and doing GD on the computer, I am currently reading 3 books - if that doesn't tell you how bored I am, I don't know what would. =) I've decided I just have too much energy.

Now, we want a picture of you in profile Kim! That shot of you from Thanksgiving is just not satisfying enough. We want to see the belly/baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home