November 16, 2006

Meeting People and Being Social

Tonight, I met some really nice people on the base. There is a monthly meeting for spouses of the Air Force personel, and tonight was this month's meeting. Food is provided by members(which rotates around to everyone). There was a silent auction and you could make Christmas cards. I was really fond of the card I attempted, but once I stamped the saying on the inside it smeared. I ended up throwing it away. I DID, however, have my eye on a certain item in the silent auction. I had never bid on an auction like this, but it was fun. I WON the very cool baby sweater for $10. One of the gals knit it. She is talented. It zips all the way up the back. It is white, yellow, sea green and blue. Here are the pictures of the front and back. It's suppose to fit 9-12 months or 20-22 lbs, so even if it doesn't fit this colder season it will hopefully fit next winter.






























So, all in all, the social event was very nice. The people were very welcoming. I think I will go again next month. They are always planning different activities. Game playing has been one in the past.

Also, the person who picked me up is LeAnne. She is a wife of someone Adam is working with. They had us over for dinner the other week, and they are from Oklahoma. She's alot of fun and we get along well, so we're planning on going for coffee after Thanksgiving. Fun, huh!

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

Cute sweater. I wasn't sure if you'd need colder weather items since it's so warm there...

Glad you're making friends and tried out the Spouses Club. I would like to come play games if I were in the area. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home