November 08, 2007

Close to Crawling and Toys

Today she is eight months old. Can you believe it? She has one bottom tooth that's been trying to break through for about a month and now the other front bottom one is peaking through the gums. It's hard for me to imagine her toothless grin with teeth.

She's getting close to crawling. She pulls up on things like the basket that holds her small toys to look through it. It is so incredibly funny how she picks through the toys then too. She picks one up and if she doesn't want it she puts it over her shoulder and drops it behind her. She has a certain spunk about her like that.

She's also moving all over the floor....backwards mostly. She is interested in objects now and will go after them. Until now if she would want something out of reach while sitting she would give up and go for something closer. She also stands up from sitting while we're reading or when I'm sitting on the floor with her and she wants my attention or something I have ..... like the remote control. Every baby loves remotes.

On a different note, I had to through one away a couple days ago. She was playing with it when I was changing her diaper, and we'll just say it was totally destroyed in the most unpleasant way. That's the nicest way of putting it. It was the one we used mostly, so needless to say we have different one now.

I've taken some pictures of toys she plays with too, so that family can see what kind of things she plays with.


Reaching... This crocodile is really fun. It rolls if it's pulled and of coarse plays music. Gwen's favorite part is the yellow "stick" if you will. She just likes to chew on it mostly.

Got it
Moving on...
Oh, what's over there...
Got it...


Moving backwards not intentionally necessarily...

I'm frustrated...a little help would be nice...

Legs in motion...

This train either moves or is stationary. It spins balls around the top or shoots them out the back. When you hit the yellow button on the top it does all of that and plays songs. I love this one. Gwen loves to grab the balls while they spin around.

This toy lights up and plays music when you hit certain things and the center hanging part shakes when you pull on it. It was used for tummy time and now it can adjust for sitting time.

I know it's early for a turkey shirt, but I realized that it's a 6 month size and barely fits her now. If I wait for Thanksgiving, it probably won't fit. The shirt reads "Our Little Turkey".


She's getting good at holding this cup up herself and drinking either b.m. or water. I am planning on weaning her off of me with this handy dandy cup. She still doesn't use bottles, so we won't have to worry about weaning her off of those. It's just a bit tricky to figure out how to do all of this. Time will work itself out I guess..... I hope. ;)

4 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

Cute pics. The weaning thing will be fairly easy for you since you don't use a bottle. They wanted Merrick off the bottle by a year, and he still uses sippy cups for the most part (at 21 months), although, he wants our adult cups from time to time. So, it sounds like you're doing really well at 8 months. ;)

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the milestones she is hitting! I love to watch her grow so thank you for keeping up with the blog. Is her hair getting lighter? It looks like it from the pictures. Hugs and Kisses!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Kim and Matt said...

She is growing up so quickly! It's so neat to see her pictures now and compare them to her first pictures. :) Is it just me, or maybe the lighting...but it looks like her hair is getting lighter?

Hope you guys are well!!

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home