October 18, 2007

Angels Among Us

Yesterday Gwen and I were at the zoo. There was a situation I want to share with you all.

I noticed a man, woman and child looking around at the animals. He was African American and the woman looked Hispanic. The child could have been their child.

The zoo closes at 5pm, and Gwen and I were cutting it close to get out. I was in a hurry, but not frantic or anything like that. We had to walk by this said group of people, and when we did the man asked me if I was doing alright in a concerned and caring way. It was strange. It took me off guard.

Then Gwen and I were looking at the ducks and geese outside of the zoo, and I noticed these people were staying inside the zoo and were looking at the ducks from there. It was like they didn't have to leave.

Then when I was loading the stroller and Gwen into the car the man was walking out into the parking lot by himself and smiled and said something like "have a good day". He was walking out towards an orange newer looking truck. When I was backing up in the car I looked behind to make sure I wouldn't run into him. The truck was still there in the parking lot, but I didn't see the man. I thought, "that's odd". Then when we were pulling out of the parking lot I saw that he was in an old small truck also leaving. I didn't see the old truck in the parking lot.

I just had this funny feeling like he was an angel or something like that. It's like he was with that woman and child, but didn't relate with them when I was around. Also, they didn't walk out with him. Then it was like he paid attention to me in an out of the ordinary kind of way.

When I was home I thought what if he was an angel. I haven't been praying like I normally do or like to. I feel out of touch in the faith department a bit, and I thought this is an opportunity for me to share a possible encounter of God trying to reach out to me and remind me of him.

Has anyone else ever had a circumstance with a possible angel?

Also, I'm working this week and have Gwen while Adam's in Boston and Connecticut, so maybe I'll get some pictures up later.

4 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Jade B said...

Hey Kim,
Interesting about the angel thing. I once had an encounter that I thought may have been an angel. I still don't know if it was, but it was something definitely set up by God. Anyways Heb 13:2 says, "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels." Ps 91:11-12 also talks about angels & how they keep & bear us up. Just thought I would give you a few scriptures to look @ if you had time. It would be a good study just to read about the encounters people had in the Bible of angels to better understand their part in the Kingdom of God. But I hope all is well. It was fun to chat with you last week.
Jade B
Now lets see some new pictures of Gwen!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

I agree with Jade that the angel thing is very interesting. My thoughts are that if the person didn't put off your radar as a bad person but made you feel good and comfortable instead, he could have very well been an angel. They're always looking out for us, you know. ;)

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Kim and Matt said...

Your story gave me chills, Kim. :)
We've been out of the loop lately...went to Maine and Florida. Now we're back and hope to keep up with the blogs!!

Tell Adam we say hi and give Gwen hugs from us!!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hi Kim! Your story gave me chills!
I think we've all had many encounters with angels, but perhaps we don't always notice (or maybe we're not supposed to notice?? I don't know). Anyway, one year in Cheyenne, it was like 2 days before Christmas and I was in a crazy hurry trying to shop at Albertons. This elderly man stopped me, after following me for a while and started talking my ear off. At first I thought, "Seriously? I just don't have time for this..." I was definitely not in a good spiritual place at the time. Anyway long story short, he shared some amazing stuff with me and I felt blessed to have met him. But as we left he said, "Thanks for taking time to talk to a lonely man." But like I said...it was ME who should have been thanking HIM...I have thought of him often over the years and do think he was an angel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home