March 30, 2007

Sunscreen

Since we are heading to North Carolina in May, I have been thinking of the sun exposure for Gwen. We will certainly try to keep her out of direct rays as much as possible, but we all know that complete avoidance will be impossible.

Here's some information that I just found on the internet. I know that you have to take what you find on the internet with a grain of salt, but non the less, here you go:

"The first line of defense should be clothing. On warm days, dress your baby in lightweight cotton clothing that covers her arms and legs, and make sure she wears a wide-brimmed hat for every outing. Try to avoid going out when the sun's rays are strongest, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has recently restated its policy on babies and sunscreen. Previously, it had recommended against using sunscreen on babies under 6 months of age. Now, however, it says there is no evidence that small amounts of sunscreen on young babies pose any risks. Still, don't rely on sunscreen as a substitute for protective clothing or sun avoidance. Use it to cover your baby's exposed face, hands, and feet."

We'll end up asking her pediatrician at her two month well-baby check up to assure this.

Here is Gwen in what I call a soother, and many people call a jumper. I don't get the jumper name. It rocks if you manually move it. Otherwise it can vibrate. Hence, the soother name. We spend most of our daylight time in the living room. This way she can recognize the difference of the day from the darkness of night. Hopefully this idea works for more sleep during the night.

Gwen loves her bath time in the "big girl tub" still! She doesn't cry. She just looks at Adam and me with these eyes that communicate "I'm not sure what's going on here, but I think I like it".....so completely cute! Since we had a picture of Adam bathing her earlier, we had to put one up with Mom too.

I wanted to put a picture up of her outfit today, but she's been sleeping. I will add it later.


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

Cute tub pictures! It totally looks like she's saying that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home