March 22, 2007

Two Week Check Up

What we look like when we came back from our exhausting first outing.


See the bandage on my foot? That's from the PKU testing.
They pricked my heal and squeezed out blood.


This is how I like to sleep...with my arms up and free.



Here's another shot of how I like to sleep. The picture is at an awkward angle. I apologize.


I'm yawning during my sleepy time here.
Grandma Vicki made the blanket that's keeping me warm.


Gwen is officially two weeks old. Yesterday she and I (Kim) went to the base pediatrician...our first outing without Adam. He wanted to attend the appointment badly, but a meeting did not permit it. She slept through all of the transporting, and only cried a bit because she was hungry when we were meeting with the doctor. She was an angel more or less.

In two weeks she has gained 1lb and 3oz. Now she weighs 9lbs and 15oz which is 90% compared to others her age. She grew 1.4" and is now 21.4"which is 75% compared with other babies her age. The doctor said that is great. That's our only job right now she said....to grow.

Gwen is gaining strength in her neck. The doctor told us to only put her to sleep on her back. We were told at the hospital that the side was alright too, but I guess not. We went through two diapers through out the 2 hour span at the hospital, and had to undress and dress her twice as well in order to check her breathing, weighing her, feel her glands, head and muscle flexibility. We don't go back to the doctor until she's 2 months old.

These are pictures of her sleeping again yesterday (March 21st) after the big doctor's appointment. It really pooped her out. She slept an hour and a half on me like this while I snacked on some pretzels and watched tv.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

You're first solo outing! It had to feel good to accomplish the event with no meltdowns and no blowouts. ;) Good job.

Baby and Mama are lookin' good in the pics!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both Mom and Baby are looking great! I'm glad things are going well for you guys! She will sleep at night one day! (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home