March 24, 2007

Mini Golf

Ama, one of the spouses in Adam's squadron, made these four mini golf holes. It reminded me of the movie Overboard. She's super talented. She's the one who made the wood carving with the Guardian Angel prayer for Gwen. Lindsay, the stand up comedian friend, says Ama's so energetic and that's why she's 65 lbs. ;) It was raining, so they put up the gazebos. The white lights made it even more fun.


Lindsay, the comedian, striking a pose with a hole in one.


Leanne at the Paris hole. She's having a good time. Wine was provided and she had a hard/ exhausting week, so it was time to let loose. Someday I'll have some wine again too. ;)


From left to right: Alayna is pregnant and due in June. She's borrowing my maternity clothes....one of those Air Force perks. Lindsay, being goofy with the ball over Leanne's head. The hole behind them had pyramids. Ama even made some hieroglyphics encoding a special message.


This is the patriotic hole where you had to go around the boxes by banking the ball off of the sides.


Adam and I have discovered that I need to have adult interaction outside of the house for my sanity, so the spouses monthly meeting of mini golf and food of course was my treat of a Friday night. At times earlier in the week I wasn't going to attend, but Adam insisted that I must. I ended up staying from 6:30pm to 8:15pm. In total I was gone from the hungry baby for two hours. It felt really good to laugh and talk with the gals. There's one friend in particular that should be a stand up comedian. She's a lot of fun to talk with!

Adam came to the party also for a brief while with Gwen to show her off to the ladies, and ask them to help out with a BBQ that will be coming up in the near future for the test group. Unfortunately, she started crying for him when he was almost home, and wouldn't have stopped until I fed her if he didn't put his finger in her mouth to pacify her. He handles her crying so well. He walks around with her and dances with her while singing.

On another note, the Pastor from the church we've decided to attend stopped by last week to say he was thinking of us. He offered meals and any help or support from the congregation. I told him the AF was very supportive, but I'd get in touch if we needed anything. He drove up in a 1971 volks wagon bug like my Mother's 1972 one. I complimented on it. ;) He also offered the use of his church if Frank would want to baptize Gwen here in town. I told him our plan of doing it in Colorado, but thanked him none the less.

Yesterday, we also went to my doctor as a family. It was a check up to see how my healing was doing from the stitching. The doctor wants me to come back in 6 weeks, because there's something not healing like we want.

That's all for now!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

Mini golf looks like it was fun. Glad to hear you got out for a break and some laughs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home