June 12, 2007

Vacation Bible School and Friends

Last Sunday we had a surprise visit from our friends the Bothuns. Leif, Audry and Tate are pictured with us at a Mexican restaurant we ate at. It was a short visit, but lots of fun to catch up with them. They live in Colorado and were sight seeing down in this area with Leif's parents.


Also, this week Gwen and I are volunteering at church helping with the crafts at the vacation bible school. This is one of the larger classes. The theme is "lift off" with hot air balloons to new heights with God. They were painting paper balloons today.


This is a real hot air balloon basket in the sanctuary. They had an actual balloon outside that I wanted to take Gwen to see, but we didn't make it out there in time. Her feeding and diaper changing took priority.

I love having Gwen spend time with other people and sounds. I just put her in the front carrier today while I worked. I think it's great interaction for her. You know....something different than Mommy in her face talking to her.


Adam and I painted a mural on a bed sheet to decorate the craft room. I'll take a picture of that tomorrow and post it. We had good team work on it. He spray painted the blue and tan background and then I detailed the rest. It was fun and different to occupy our time with.

Other news is that Gwen rolled over on her own four times on Sunday from her front to back. She's not doing it all of the time yet, but the capability is there. We were so excited. She's also reaching for things and grabbing now. Until now, she hasn't tried. There are a lot of changes around 3 months. She's also babbling on her own rather than only responding to us talking to her. In fact she won't stop sometimes. I start talking to respond to her, but then I realize that she isn't done talking yet. It's so funny. I say to her, "I can't get a word in edge wise. You are such a talker".

In church on Sunday, she started doing it, and Adam tried to put the pacifier in her mouth to stop her. I said, " Just let her talk". Adam took her into the kid's area in the back of the church, because he didn't want to disturb the service. It was funny....I thought any way.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I wish I were there! So many changes in Gwen!!! Sure hope that you are filming sime of this good stuff and that we will receive a CD someday soon. Love you!! Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home