June 07, 2007

1st Pool Experience on AF Base

Gwen and I met up with our neighbors for a pool outing. The base has a great outdoor facility. It even has a slide that twists and palm trees that rain water from them. I didn't get pictures of those features, but what we did capture is this.

Our neighbors are in the background. It was Kaden's meal time. ;) Babies schedules take charge of the parents plans no matter where you are. I love Gwen's expression while she's watching the other kids play in the baby pool.

She had swim diapers on under her suit that don't expand when they get wet. Her suit is 12 month size, so she has some room to grow into it.

The pacifier was only needed while she needed a little comfort while she decided what she thought of this experience. She didn't need it for very long. I sat in the pool and held her under her arms while moving her around. She could touch and the water was only up to her chest. That's as far as she went in. It was a bit colder than bath water temperature, so I didn't want to push my luck.

Gwen's like, "Hey, why are you facing me towards the brick wall? I want to look at the action." You can see the kid's pool and then the larger/ deeper pool in the background. You can also see the blue cabana that covers the kid's pool. I put sun screen on her, but it is super nice that the cabana is there to help out.

She was exhausted after all that action. She didn't even make it out of the locker room before she fell asleep.

Now to tummy time updates..... She is actually happy while on her tummy. This is new for her. I'm sure it's because she can hold her head up to see rather than only being able to put your face in the floor. That would be frustrating for anyone.

She's lifting about 80 degrees or so I think. I bet all of the playing she had with family in North Carolina helped with her strength. We are so proud.

In this one you can see her eye color pretty well especially if you click on the picture to enlarge it. I think they are going to be blue.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like Gwen has grown even more this week. How fast babies change and grow up. Enjoy!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

I still say brown! Go brown eyes! ...I'm just biased since I have brown eyes. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home