July 13, 2006

First Doctor's appointment

Anticipation had been rising for this visit. We had good and not so good events happen. First of all, the blood drawing was an episode with the nurse wiggling the needle around and blood dripping from my arm while she was in there still. Then we were told they don't take our insurance anymore, even though they have in the past. I started to shed some tears. They kept rolling out. The first thing I said was, "Can we transfer the blood that was drawn to my new doctor?" I certainly didn't want to go through that again. The answer was no.

Now the bearer of the bad insurance news felt sorry for us , so she worked some magic and had us sneak in for an ultra sound. We had to keep it a secret from my doctor, so it was exciting. From the ultra sound we found out that I'm 7 weeks along. That calcs out to a due date of March 2nd. It was .808cm long. The doctor called it our little grain of rice.

Adam is still asserting the fact that it's a boy.....we'll see.

4 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Morgan Mann said...

Sorry to hear about the evil drawing of blood. But be happy to know that you won't need it drawn again until your sugar test around 7-8 months. =)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Kim and Matt said...

Hey Fisher family!!!! I'm so glad to hear from you!! Congratulations!!!!! :) We're so happy for you two!! OK, I think I've already use my share of exclamation points, but I can't help it! I'm going to shoot you an email so we can catch up. I feel so horrible that we haven't talked in what seems like forever! Miss you guys!! Kim, Matt and Avery

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger The Fishers said...

checking if this is working-

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim and Adam!!!
I'm finally getting back to the blog. Anyway, congratulations!!!
You two will make wonderful parents. Enjoy your free time!
Love, MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home